You are here
UK PONI 2015 Annual Conference
Now in its fifth year, the UK PONI Annual Conference has become the largest regular gathering of the nuclear policy community in the UK, and an important forum for encouraging the emergence of a new generation of nuclear experts in academia, industry, government and the military.
This conference will bring together emerging and established experts from across the nuclear field, affording younger presenters the opportunity to showcase their research, and exposing established experts to innovative perspectives. A working agenda for the conference is now available here.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- James Arbuthnot, Former Chair of the Defence Select Committee;
- Professor Cherry Tweed, Chief Scientific Advisor for Radioactive Waste Management;
- Sir John Scarlett, Former Chief of the Secret Intelligence Service, 2004-2009.
The conference will also feature three panels of submitted presentations from emerging nuclear specialists:
- The Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki: 70 Years On;
- Contemporary Challenges for UK Nuclear Policy; and,
- Assessing and Addressing Global Nuclear Threats.
Other highlights include an interactive session on the use of open-source intelligence in support of non-proliferation, and a debate on the merits of Chinese involvement in the UK’s nuclear energy infrastructure plans.
This event is open to all UK PONI members. To register for UK PONI free of cost, please click here. If you are already a UK PONI member, please click the “book your place” button above to register to attend this conference.
If you have any queries please contact Hannah Croft, Research and Events Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org