You are here
The 7th RUSI/DEM Future Land Warfare Conference
|Government rate (Proof of eligibility must be presented)||£199|
|SME (Fewer than 250 staff)||
Tomorrow’s Army: Today’s Challenges
Military forces have been managing changes in structure, equipment, and ways of warfare since the end of the Cold War. Today’s challenges for military forces include unconventional, asymmetric warfare, often in fragile states and in built-up areas, working closely with many other actors to achieve desired outcomes in both conflict and peace support operations. Tomorrow’s military forces will have new structures and equipment capability networked together for greater effectiveness in expeditionary roles.
- Challenges – conducting smarter land operations. How do we keep up
with an enemy who doesn’t have staff colleges?
- Delivering Tomorrow’s Equipment Today – configured for the
developing challenges of the next 5-10 years and getting rid of
‘legacy’ concepts of programme management
- Balance of capability – does joint warfare mean giving things up?
Where are the gaps?
- Communications – the gap between the sensor and the decision
- Future Combat Systems – still the right answer given the changes we
- Future Rapid Effect System
The programme aims to provide a blend of concept and capabilities delivered by the key stakeholders in the future land warfare debate.
- General Sir Richard Dannatt KCB CBE MC ADC Gen
Chief of the General Staff, UK Army
- General William S Wallace
Commander Training & Doctrine Command
- General David Richards CBE DSO
Commander Allied Rapid Reaction Corp
- Honorable Claude Bolton
Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology)
- Monsieur le Général Bruno Cuche
Chief of Staff, French Army
- Lieutenant General Hans-Otto Budde
German Army Chief
- Lieutenant General Leslie
Chief of Land Staff
- Major General Sverker Göranson
Chief of Staff, Swedish Army
- General Filiberto Cecchi
Chief of Staff, Italian Army
To register for this event, please download the booking form on the top right of this page or contact:
Defence Event Management Limited
25 Gordon Road