You are here
Bids and Contracts Manager
The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is one of the world’s leading research think-tanks in the fields of defence and security. RUSI is looking to appoint a Bids and Contracts Manager.
About the Role
RUSI research contracts have grown sharply over the last three years, and now amount to some £5.2m annually, with perhaps 50 successful new bids every year. This is a new post which will be a full-time permanent role, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. Because it is a new post, it is expected that the job description may evolve somewhat, with the opportunity for the appointee to develop the role within the organisation. The job description (as currently envisaged) is attached.
What we are looking for:
· Proven planning and project management skills with the ability to work to set timelines
· Ability to prioritise, work independently and also under pressure
· Good influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships both internally and externally
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· High level of attention to detail
· Confidence and ability in handling numbers and financial data
· IT skills
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
Desirable but not a requirement:
· Previous experience in bid preparation or contracting or both
· A professional qualification in either accountancy or law
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be from £30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience. RUSI offers a number of additional benefits, including:
· Pension (6% employer contribution)
· Flexible working
· Season ticket loan and other benefits
· Free access to RUSI’s world-leading programme of events and conferences, research materials and library
RUSI is based in Whitehall in the heart of London, close to government and the amenities of central London. Charing Cross station (underground and national rail) and other underground stations are a short walk away.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter stating why you consider that you are suitable for the role to Michael Codner, Director of Personnel Services, at MichaelC@ rusi.org. The closing date for applications is 22 September 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.